2/22/2007

Murtha and the Arabs

"John Murtha: Caving In to Arabs Since 1980
Written by Ann Coulter
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Rumored ex-Marine John Murtha, Democrat congressman from Pennsylvania, has become the darling of the cut-and-run crowd for trying to place absurd restrictions on our troops, amounting to withdrawal from Iraq. Were Arab sheiks whispering into his ear?
In case you missed the video on “I Love the ‘80s,” Rep. Murtha was caught on tape negotiating bribes with Arab sheiks during the FBI’s Abscam investigation in 1980. The Abscam investigation was conducted by Jimmy Carter’s Justice Department, not right-wing Republicans.
On tape, Murtha told the undercover FBI agent: “When I make a f***in’ deal I want to make sure that I know exactly what I’m doing and ... what I’m sayin’ is, a few investments in my district ...” "more...:

No comments: