12/31/2007

2,000 Travelers Stranded in Colorado



These are the headlines I read as I look out my window across the few traces of snow on the sidewalk and the unmoving windchime. I live along I-70 but there are many advantages to being on the western slope. The photos were taken about 5 minutes ago from my back door.



"Dec 31, 2007 (12:59p CST)
By GEORGE MERRITT (Associated Press Writer)

DENVER - More than 2,000 travelers were stranded at Red Cross shelters
in the Colorado high country Monday as a threat of avalanches closed a stretch
of Interstate 70 west of Denver.

Deep snow drifted into more than two
dozen narrow ravines in the mountainsides - known as avalanche chutes - raising
the danger of potentially deadly snow slides cascading onto I-70."




more...Qwest.Live.com
News
:


No comments: