5/24/2007

Update with pictures


Mom in Deland

Last weekend was Mother's Day and I spent it with my mom in Florida. While I was there I made a trip to Daytona Beach to Sam's Club but did manage to get down to the docks without trying.




Me in Daytona

While I was at my mom's I got Mother's Day greetings from all kids and grandkids. Trevor phoned on my cell from BC, Tammy and the girls left a message on my wall at Facebook and Dallas somehow managed to have a cactus bowl delivered to the house, but I doubt it came from Baghdad.



The days went by really fast (too fast) and it wasn't long before I had landed back in Albuquerque where things slowed down fast -- and traffic on I-25 north came to a crawl.





And if the hour it took me to get out of the city wasn't enough, I drove into a storm between Cuba and Bloomfield.




But all this rain has been super good for my yard and I got home to find my garden flourishing -- including the volunteer poppies all over the yard.




For the past 2 days I've been confined to the house by near freezing outdoor temperatures and rain but everything in the garden is doing good -- and I have a cool weather garden loving it. More pictures can be found in my webshots album. Go to the end of the album for the most recent photos.

No comments: